Sunday 4 December 2011

Good Fruit!

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15: 5 NIV).


Often it seems I am like a child especially when it comes to gardening and I am learning something new every day. This can be a good thing as I have been open to seek the Lord for insight. This was exactly the case with our raspberry bushes that we recently planted.

My observation was that right next to the original stem came forth another stem and as I was weeding that day I really wasn’t quite sure if that was a weed or not. As I was looking at the bush and trying to figure out what it was, the Lord’s gentle voice spoke to me “Look out for some fruit.” Sure enough, from the original stem branched off another branch and this one was carrying the fruit.

It’s the same with you too! The only good fruit that comes out of you is of the Lord Jesus Christ. As you firmly remain rooted in Him you will bare much good fruit. And this is the kind of fruit that will last for everybody to taste and see!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Suzanne Tanner

2 comments:

  1. Often times I want to see the fruit immediately, but I have since learned to be patient with myself and have faith that what I have believed for will come to pass, in His perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Yvette,

    Amen1 That is so true what you say. Thanks for posting and complementing this devotional with what you have learned.

    God bless.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete