Sunday 28 August 2011

Do You Understand?

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding” (Proverbs 9:10 NIV).   

As it was the 9th of October yesterday, I was reading the 9th chapter of Proverbs. What stood out to me was the second part of this one little verse mentioned above. The Lord had been addressing my thoughts recently and so I guess I was open to receive what he wanted to point out to me. I don’t know if you are also so mindful, but my mind can sometimes imagine things and write stories that only exist in my mind. I can have at times a very active imagination!

Let me explain to you what I mean. Recently as we were getting ready for our civil wedding, a couple that needed to be there came an hour late. Firstly we were a little bit confused and a little upset. It was then very interesting and brought a smile to our face that at the very moment when the ceremony was carried out the church bells started to ring. The Lord knows how much my husband and I love church bells. Even during our trip to Europe we heard church bells all the time. So it was like the Lord saying to us: “I approve of this covenant and you have my blessing, but just let me start this wedding an hour later so that I can make these church bells ring for you.” :-)

Often we judge situations with our own mind instead of consulting the Lord first for some insight. It is so important to know God’s thoughts, because very often we tend to view a situation incorrectly. I can guarantee you if you take the time to get to know the Lord, your joy will increase. He will reveal to you His treasures and insight and your thoughts will not be the same anymore. You will start to think differently and you will start to act differently.
AND last but not least, your loved ones and your environment will take note.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

4 comments:

  1. We sure do judge situations so glad the Lord don't judge us the way we do...I love the verse you picked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Desiray for your comment and for the time to write. I was just thinking how precious an interaction is because it really does add more to the devotional. And that's why we are a body, to complete each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, how I have judged so many things incorrectly. Thankfully the Lord has corrected me, and I have since learned to be patient. I do get it wrong at times, but not like before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Yvette,

    Thank you for your comment. That is so true. When wisdom, knowledge and understanding of God direct our hearts we experience that peace that surpasses all understanding. I am also glad like you for the correction of God, that through time and His patience with us we change our thinking.

    God bless!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete