Sunday 16 January 2011

“Soak in my Presence”

“My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him” (Psalm 62:1 NIV)

When I came to America a few years ago, I was confronted with a lot of change. One of the things I noticed was that our shower curtain would have mold and mildew after a couple of weeks. That was a new thing for me and so I asked my husband how to get rid of it. He said, “Wash it in the washing machine.” I thought that was a great idea, but unfortunately I chose the wrong washing program. The curtain was torn up, we had to throw it away and buy a new one. I asked my husband again how to get rid of the mold and he said “Use bleach.” So every month when the curtain really looked bad, I would take it down and scrub it outside on our back porch for about an hour. To be honest with you, I didn’t like this procedure very much.

So another month approached and I knew I would have to get rid of the mold again. This time I thought I will check the internet and see what a larger group of Americans say about this problem. I searched for “How to get rid of mold on your shower curtain,” and I got a fantastic answer: “Soak the curtain in the bath tub with water and a cup of bleach and then let it rest for one hour”. Ha, I liked that idea, because it didn’t require much work from my side. After an hour I was prepared to scrub the curtain but surprisingly found out that all the mold and mildew had miraculously disappeared during that hour. “Could that be true” I asked myself? Because now getting rid of the mold once a month would definitely be a joyful and easy thing for me to do!!!

Did you know that His presence is a resting place for you? When you rest in Him all the cares and struggles, worries, concerns and fearful thoughts are washed away by His love. It doesn’t really require much of you. Just chose to rest in His presence, let go of your cares, open your heart to Him and then listen to what He wants to share with you. As you make it your daily need to soak in His presence, I promise you that you will experience the truth that comes from knowing that only Jesus can wash away your cares.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!



Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment