Sunday 30 May 2010

Don't Be So Stubborn!

“If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast” (Psalm 129:9 & 10 NIV).

Have you ever experienced a situation where you knew without a shadow of doubt that you were absolutely right, only to find out that you were absolutely wrong? Well let me tell you a story that will bring a sense of relief and a chuckle to you, and perhaps also confirm deep down inside of you that God is in control of your life, despite our stubbornness.

Well once again we were heading out east to visit my mother in law. My husband was driving that day, and although he knew this route like the back of his hand, he did in fact use a fascinating instrument – his beloved navigation system. It was a long drive that day and so when we finally approached a major city, we were relieved to know that from this point on forward there was only about another 190 Miles to go. Ready to take these last miles on our journey, we were puzzled that all of a sudden our navigation system recommended us to take another route. Over and over again this voice would persistently suggest us to take another exit and turn around. On top of all this we were starting to gain miles instead of losing them. Now my husband was really getting annoyed at the navigation system for misdirecting us. After all, he knew the way to get to our destination better than anybody else. He told me to take a closer look at it and as I observed the map on the screen I noticed that the arrow was pointing to the west instead of the east. Another thing I discovered was that we were approaching the state we had just left behind us. According to the navigation system we were heading back home. Could it be that my husband was in error? Yes! To his great amazement and disappointment, he took the wrong highway.

It is a good thing to know that the LORD is persistent with us. He truly never leaves us, nor does He forsake us. Perhaps you might think you know it all and you know in what direction you are heading, but trust me, He truly like no one else knows the way. Remember, His ways and His thoughts are much higher than ours. So don’t be so stubborn. Follow the prompting of the Holy Spirit at all times and you will walk on solid ground with no detours. After all, He is The Way.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment