Monday 8 February 2010

“I Am Your Helper”

“I lift up my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth” (Psalm 121:1 NIV).

I am going to tell you a story that I am sure you can relate to: Being a helper to my husband I find myself often doing the following: My husband would say to me “Honey, I am looking for my sunglasses. Have you seen them? Can you help me find them?”

We had the exact same situation yesterday. My husband had misplaced his sunglasses and just couldn’t find them. I have to be honest with you, I don’t like looking for things, I don’t find any pleasure in it, and besides that, I just find it a waste of time. Anyway, to save time I prayed in my heart and said to the Lord “Lord please show me where the sunglasses are – please!” I got a very quick impression of a guitar case. I followed that impression right away, went to the car, opened up the guitar case and to my great great joy I saw the sunglasses. I said to my husband “Isn’t the LORD just so good? Now this is a miracle right there, isn’t it!”

Isn’t He just a great God that helps us in times of need! Perhaps you are also somebody that often is looking for their sunglasses or house keys like my husband. Perhaps you need some help with writing a letter or finding a job. Whatever it is, rest assured that the LORD wants to be your helper. Although He is the great I AM, the Maker of heaven and earth, there is no situation or aspect that is too unimportant or too insignificant to Him. All that He wants is to be involved in your life. So, do you want to see more miracles in your life? Then give him your hand and allow Him to help you. You will be amazed to see “how much God” is in your life!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!


Suzanne Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment